Good to know
- Flight to Mont Blanc country brochure
- Flights and take off forbidden in Mont-Blanc side in July and August
- Plan on appropriate summer and winter equipment (gloves, good shoes, jacket, pants).
- Flying free means flying with respect for the environment, respecting the air space and its rules, and respecting others.
- Flight possible throughout the Chamonix Valley!
- Year-round activity!
FFVL Registered landing site.
DescriptionDangers / Difficulties :
Large landing field surrounded by trees. It is important to go no further downwind than the small road leading to the gravel pit in order to land in the main field when the prevailing valley wind is blowing. In the afternoons it can often reach speeds of 20 / 30 kmh.
Pilot ability : Beginners, to XC.
Landing field for : Plan Praz, Plan d’Aiguille, Flegere, Les Grands Montets, and the Aiguille du Midi.
Special Rules :
The landing is forbidden during winter time because it's a skiing area. During winter, landing is on the "terrain des delats" in the woods. Be careful: turbulent and enclaved area.
Please ask at the club, or the paragliding schools, or a professional pilot for the latest information.
Flight conditions :
Landing any time of the day, but beware the valley breeze can get strong in the afternoon.
All year round.