A living and open place that welcomes visitors, the Maison de la Mémoire et du Patrimoine [Heritage Centre] is designed to allow everyone to familiarise themselves with the heritage of Chamonix Mont Blanc Valley and to make it their own.
DescriptionThis house is a centre for:
- conservation of sound, oral and photographic archives collected by the town’s Memory Preservation department
- highlighting memory and heritage through interpretative exhibitions and cultural actions
- consultation and research: a document resource centre available to everyone
- a participative project
This house will evolve thanks to the contribution and the active participation of the inhabitants of Chamonix. Each person of the valley is very likely to have documents that could complete an exhibition or the archival fonds. To enrich the archives of the town you can either donate or leave on deposit. Do not hesitate to contact us for any further information.
Full price: 4 €
Reduced price: 3 € (Guest, resident, seasonal, senior, student, local, large family, disabled card holders).)
Group adults: Free for group guide.
Group children: Free for group guide.
Free entry for children < 18 years.
MUSEUM PASS - 12€: unlimited access for 1 year to the museums of the Valley of Chamonix: Maison de l'Alpage et Maison du Lieutenant in Servoz, Musée Montagnard in Les Houches, Musée Alpin and Maison de la Mémoire et du Patrimoine in Chamonix and finally Maison Barberine in Vallorcine.
For sale at the entrance of the museums; bring your ViaCham card and an ID photo.
From 19/12/2020 to 03/01/2021
Opening hours daily between 10 am and 12 pm and between 2 pm and 5.30 pm.
Closed exceptionally on January 1st and December 25th.
Canceled or closed because of Covid-19.
Facilities and services
- Animals non accepted
- Exhibition space
Special information :
- Wearing a mask is compulsory
- Hydro alcoholic gel is at the visitor's disposal at the entrance of the museum.
- Please opt for payment by credit card.
- Number of visitors limited to 10 within the museum.