Special information for summer season 2020 :
Opening in June 2020
Built in 1840, the Grand Hotel des Alpes remains one of the most prestigious hotels in Chamonix throughout the history of the valley.
DescriptionIts unique location at the heart of Chamonix, near the Aiguille du Midi, the train to Montenvers Mer de Glace, and the Brevent gondola, allows you to enjoy, in summer or winter, the everyday life of the city center and visit must-see locations of the resort.
Completely redesigned, with 30 rooms (including 3 Suites) mixing refined decoration and modern comfort, a Grand Salon with views of the Mont Blanc, a library-bar, and a fireplace, the Grand Hotel des Alpes welcomes you in a warm and elegant atmosphere.
The excellent location of our hotel in the center of Chamonix provides access to a wide selection of French and international cuisine restaurants.
Located at the foot of the Mont Blanc, bearing witness to a unique slice of this world’s nature, the Grand Hotel des Alpes has all the elements necessary to give you unforgettable memories!
SPA AND WELLNESS :
New Spa at the Grand Hotel des Alpes, completely renovated and design it is located in front of the Mont Blanc Range and the river: indoor pool, jacuzzi, sauna, steam room and salt wall
Give yourself a pure moment of well-being , to eliminate the tiredness accumulated during your outdoor activities and recover all your vitality. A swim in our indoor pool with counter-current swimming or in our Jacuzzi, as well as the dry heat of the sauna will help you relax and prepare your skin before entering the steam bath. Then recharge your batteries with a session of halotérapy comfortably installed in front of our wall of salt before discovering the pleasures of a good massage !!
FACILITIES & SERVICES :
• Fully equipped conference room. (Video, computer, paper board, wifi and phone)
• Wifi free of charge available in every room as well as in the hotel lounge
• DVDs available in several languages
• Private indoor garage , 20,00 Euros per day ( Access by car : 131, RUE DU LYRET )
• Ski room and shoe dryer
• Sale of ski passes
• Free shuttle to the Chamonix ski slopes (on request and on scheduled transfers)
• Transfer booking service
• Mountain guide and ski instructor booking service
• Restaurant bookings and room service (we inform you that our restaurant is open for breakfast only , please contact the reception to check the menus of our partner restaurants , if you want to order food to the room)
• During the Winter Season we offer you every day a tea time buffet starting from 4.00 p.m and one aperitif buffet from 6.30 p.m
• Laundry Service
• Pets allowed except in our public areas
• Kettle available on request
• Iron and board available on request
• Electric adapters available on request
• Turn down service from 7.30 p.m.
• Reception open 24 hours a day
• Baby sitting on request
• Accepted credit cards : VISA – MASTERCARD – AMERICAN EXPRESS – DINERS – JCB
BUSINESS (meeting and Team building ) :
For your meetings and conferences , we propose you our 80m² lounge. It enjoys daylight and has a terrace overlooking the Mont Blanc and the river. In its meeting room configuration, it can accommodate up to 15 /18 people in a “U” shape style, or up to 30 in a theatre style. Meeting room rate on request.
The following pieces of equipment are available: Beamer, Over head projector, Screen, Flipchart + pens, Note pads + pens, Free wi-fi access, Téléphone, Copy machine and fax machine available at the reception (on request).
Good to knowSkipass for sale a the reception
Rooms accessible to people with reduced mobility
• until 60 pers.
Double room: 175 to 558 €
Suite: 294 to 950 €
Breakfast: 20 € (10€ for chilrden from 6 to 10 years old).
Group rate available for > 20 people.
From 02/06 to 27/09/2020.
Facilities and services
- Baby bed
- Book shop
- Cash point
- Client safes
- Cyber space/screens with Internet access
- Direct-dial telephone
- Hair drier
- Indoor swimming pool
- Luggage storage
- Pets welcome
- Postal service
- Private garage
- Room hire
- Ski boot drier
- Ski locker
- Steam room
- Tourist brochures